[scponly] Re: Winscp and scponlyc

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Mon Jan 12 13:06:11 EST 2004

> > * (ESshFatal) Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?
> > * Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 2

This message along with the error reported earlier in the thread (about
the commands missing) leads me to believe that the user's home
directory is not set up properly for chroot scponly.

Have you run 'make jail' for the 'tina' user's home directory?
If so, and the binaries (e.g. /bin/echo, /usr/ls, etc.) are all there,
you're probably missing a library dependancy.  Use ldd on all your
binaries to find out what your missing and copie it over.

<shameless plug>
Or you could try using my scpjailer thing to create the user's home dir.
http://tjw.org/scpjailer/
</shameless plug>