[scponly] Re: Winscp and scponlyc

Sven Hoexter sven at timegate.de
Mon Jan 12 19:40:44 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:49:06PM +0100, Lasse J. Kolb wrote:
> On 12 Jan 2004 at 11:42, Daniel Gapinski wrote:
>
> > Would you be good enough to send the entire WinSCP log file?
>
> Sure :)
> . --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> . Using SFTP protocol.
> . Doing startup conversation with host.
> > Type: SSH_FXP_INIT, Size: 5, Number: -1
> . Server sent command exit status 2
> . All channels closed. Disconnecting
> * (ESshFatal) Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?
> * Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 2.
I would say take this literaly and make sure that your sshd has the sftp
subsystemen running. You should find a line like this in your sshd_config
Subsystem       sftp    /usr/lib/sftp-server

Sven
--
Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of
embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately,