[scponly] AG: Problem with Debian scponly 4.8 and winscp

Alexander Maringer maringer at maringer-it.de
Wed Feb 13 04:56:16 EST 2008

Hi,

doing the chroot-stuff with the user root anything works fine:
/home/scponly # chroot /home/scponly /bin/bash
/ # /bin/pwd
/

Trying to do it with user scponly I run into problems, because I only can use chroot as root, not as user:
scponly at MyHost:~$ /usr/sbin/chroot /home/scponly /bin/bash
/usr/sbin/chroot: cannot change root directory to /home/scponly: Operation not permitted

Regards

Alexander Maringer