[scponly] scponlyc logging

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:17:54 EDT 2008

Do you have a /dev/log device or a have your logging daemon setup to
listen on a socket within the chroot?

Typically, you'll pass an extra parameter to syslogd, such as '-a
/path/to/chroot/path/to/socket' in order for the device to be found.

Are the arguments that you have the sftp-server subsystem configured
to use being passed in? (see the scponly logs)

Also, use DEBUG3 is not the best way to go about getting logging
information out of the sftp-server.  You should see the sftp-logging
patch (if you're on an older version of ssh) or the sftp-filecontrol
patch (for newer versions).  These versions will log the correct
amount of information in the appropriate way.

Let us know how it goes.

--Kaleb