[scponly] scponlyc logging

Stuart VanZee StuartV at datalinesys.com
Tue Aug 5 09:07:19 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have been trying to get logging working for scponlyc.

There is a requirement that all file transfers and deletes be
logged for a project that I am working on.  There is also a
requirement that all clients be chrooted into their own home
folders.  I have been able to get logging working using strait
sftp w/out scponly, but when I use an scponlyc account on the
same box I do not get any logging.

Here is what I have.

/usr/local/etc/scponly/debuglevel  contains a 2

/etc/ssh/sshd_config contains the following pertinent settings:

SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel DEBUG3

and the Subsystem line:

Subsystem       sftp    /usr/libexec/sftp-server -f AUTH -l DEBUG3

I think I have all the proper files in the chroot.  I have run ldd
on everything and it all seems to be there.

The system is OpenBSD 4.3 and scponly 4.8

please let me know if there is any more info you need or if you have
any idea how to get this going.  My PHB is getting pretty annoyed
that I haven't gotten it up and running yet.

Stuart van Zee
stuartv at datalinesys.com

PHB=Pointy Haired Boss