[scponly] .bash_logout and scponly

Palumbo Daniele rocco at rimini.no-ip.com
Mon Mar 22 12:06:27 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 05:32:24PM +0100, Sven Hoexter wrote:
>For wich purpose? If a real shell script is executed I would say it's a
>security risk. If you can only execute the commands you can execute within
>scponly it's of very limited use or more I can see no use in it.
>Maybe you can englight me on the usefullness of such a behaviour.

well:
i need to make backup of file passed via scp, so, without using cron,
a nice solution is to write all data (and then move, wipe out, or something from
incoming dir) on a cd (TAO), on logout.

another solution is to check the log (like tail -f) and see when a user is
logged out, but this will not (as cron) detect if file is all written on disk

i can skip it by looking with fuser (or something else), but it is a bad, imho

>> please cc me, i'm not (yet) in the ml.
>Hm thought this is a only subscribers can sent mails list.

that seems not true!

Daniele
--
PGP Key-ID: 0xF482D454