[PRL] a mac "joke"

Felix S Klock II pnkfelix at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Dec 9 07:53:48 EST 2009

PRL-

This is a bug I was talking about at Sam's dinner last night.

  http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/pnkfelix/sl-hoefler-bug.png

I discovered it Monday night (well, really Tuesday morning) when I was preparing my talk to be given that same Tuesday morning.

It was so inexplicable and scary (and destructive to my slides) that I considered wiping Snow Leopard from my Mac just to give the talk.

(Actually, if anyone out there in PRL has a fresh install of Keynote and/or Snow Leopard, I would be curious to know if you also see this  bug; my machine is upgraded from Leopard and still on iWork '08, and I would like to know if upgrading or fresh-installing would make it go away...)

-Felix