[PRL] a mac "joke"

Vasileios Koutavas vkoutav at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Dec 9 12:35:41 EST 2009

I have a clean installation of Snow Leopard and Keynote 09 and I report that I reproduced the bug on my system.

I've never used hoefler but it looks like a broken font. Apple Pages (word processor) behaves the same as Keynote with this font, and if you try the same thing in Powerpoint for Mac it will "crash" the textbox containing the text (it just disappears).

A nice font that I use for my slides is Myriad Pro, which, although commercial, you can get it for free from within Acrobat Reader (/Applications/Adobe Reader 9/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/Resource/Font)

--Vassilis