[PRL] Fwd: PARC Internship opportunity -- info, application, flyer

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Oct 25 14:54:44 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lisa.Fahey at parc.com <Lisa.Fahey at parc.com>
Date: Oct 25, 2007 2:16 PM
Subject: PARC Internship opportunity -- info, application, flyer
To: interninterest at parc.com

  Updated links

OK, I hate to say it, but it's time to start thinking about next summer.
Here's the flyer from PARC.  --Mitch

Every year, PARC invites highly qualified students to apply to our
internship program. As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the
world, we offer a truly exceptional internship experience.

Considered valuable members of our community, our interns are fully
integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative,
multidisciplinary culture. PARC interns have the opportunity to:

•  work with leading researchers in the physical, computer, biological, and
social sciences;
•  pursue independent projects;
•  engage in different stages of the research or business-development
pipeline;
•  participate in lab meetings, presentations, poster sessions, and special
programs; and
•  receive authorship on publications or patents.

A number of PARC employees also started their careers here as interns, and
best experiences of my life, personally as well as professionally."

Please pass this information on to your exceptional students. We would also
appreciate you downloading and posting the flyer. Thank you!

PARC Internship Program details, culture, & application:
http://www.parc.com/contact/employment/intern/

Post and share the flyer:
http://www.parc.com/contact/employment/docs/parc_internship.pdf [.pdf]

*******************************

About PARC

PARC (Palo Alto Research Center) collaborates with sponsors and clients to
discover breakthrough business and technology concepts that solve real
needs, and transform how enterprises deliver value to customers. PARC's
physical, computer, biological, and social scientists take an agile,
cross-disciplinary approach to innovation, with the vision, expertise, and
instinct to convert groundbreaking scientific findings into
industrial-strength prototypes. Founded in 1970 as part of Xerox Research,
then incorporated in 2002 as an independent research business, PARC is
celebrated for such innovations as laser printing, distributed computing and
Ethernet, the graphical user interface (GUI), object-oriented programming,
and ubiquitous computing. PARC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox
Corporation.