[PRL] many students still missing

Matthias Felleisen matthias at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 24 17:20:10 EDT 2007

Gentlemen, while your official title may include the word "student",
it is simply false to assume that you therefore have little or no
responsibility for your context or yourself. Once you graduated
and decided to become a PhD student at NU PRL, you turned into a

     PROFESSIONAL

and with that decision come certain responsibilities to yourself
and the lab that you work with. These responsibilities include:

  -- maintaining a web page on your professional life
     (software, papers, research projects, etc)

  -- participating in your Lab's professional presence,
     including its web page material

So please send Felix

  -- a link to your "professional web site"
  -- a picture
  -- and a paragraph/sentence on what brought you here
     or how you grew up or something; as you can tell
     from the existing site, some amount of imagination
     is allowed

Do keep in mind that future employers will google you and
look up what you have done. Maintaining the web page with
a small regular effort will ensure some positive impression.

-- Matthias