[PRL] burundi

Eli Barzilay eli at barzilay.org
Fri Aug 5 16:32:16 EDT 2005

On Aug  5, Carl Eastlund wrote:
> Okay, good to know.  This suggests it will be less headache to
> reconfigure than to reinstall.

Yes, that's my assumption.

> The problems I am currently contending with are the Dvorak keyboard
> and my non-Admin status.  I had thought I was admin, but it turns
> out not to be the case.  So I need to get my account upgraded when
> someone who has permissions is in, and I'll need to find out how to
> disable the Dvorak setup.

I think that the Dvorak thing on the startup screen depends on the
last user or something.  As for a priviliged account -- I think that
my account is, so I can use sudo to do whatever needs to be done.
Otherwise, mail me a phone number and I'll change my password to
something that you will be able to use for logging in.

> The machine will be powered off and moved once systems get my
> request to activate a community port for it by my desk, I'll notify
> about that in advance.

OK, thanks.

And that reminds me too -- tell them that the same deal Burundi has
now should be applicable -- I think that it was somehow making burundi
accessible through ssh from my machine (winooski).  They should have
the details from last time they dealt with this machine's setup.