[PRL] elsart.cls

Jeffrey D Palm jpalm at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jan 18 18:27:59 EST 2005

I was wondering if anyone has used the elsart.cls for Elsevier
publications.  I usually use

   \input macros.tex

somewhere near the top of the main tex file and put all general macros
in macros.tex; but this doesn't seem to work for this class.

The remainder of the main file contains

   \input file1.tex
   \input file2.tex
   \input fileN.tex

and all the macros are define in file1.tex, but not subsequent files.
But if macros.tex is included a second time I receive errors from defining.

If anyone has run into similar problems using this class and have a clue
what is happening, please could you give me a hand.

Thanks.
Jeff
--
Jeffrey Palm --> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jpalm