[PRL] POPL NOTES

Stevie Strickland sstrickl at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jan 18 22:47:34 EST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 6:21 PM, Mitchell Wand wrote:

> Dengping Zhu & Hongwei Xi (BU)
> Safe Programming with Pointers through Stateful Views
>
> Mixes state assertions (a la Reynolds) with ordinary types to get some
> safety properties for programs w/ pointers (including pointer
> arithmetic).  Makes extensive use of singleton types and dependent
> types to model arithmetic, etc., at the type level.  Worth looking
> into if someone is interested in this topic.

Anyone who's interested in this should also take a look at ATS:

http://www.cs.bu.edu/~hwxi/ATS/ATS.html

Prof. Xi demoed it for me last semester, and I'm definitely very
interested by his work, but unfortunately I haven't spent the time to
dig through the papers and play around with the current implementation.

Stevie