[PRL] pl-seminar subscription problem

Mitchell Wand wand at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Feb 23 22:03:26 EST 2004

Jamie wrote:

> It came to my attention when John sent out the recent NEPLS RSVPs that
> went to the pl-seminar list, that I had somehow been unsubscribed from
> that list and hadn't received the mailing. I thought I may have been an
> isolated case, but as John was polling those around Egan this afternoon
> looking for those who were coming to NEPLS but hadn't replied, it
> became clear that several others hadn't received the announcements
> through pl-seminar either. Richard just confirmed that he, too, had
> been unsubscribed from pl-seminar and had to resubscribe. Undoubtedly
> there are others of you for which this is also true and who may want to
> take some action accordingly.

Jamie, who were the "several others"?  Here is a list of the
pl-seminar list whom I think are also members of prl:

    * cce at ccs.neu.edu
    * chris at ccs.neu.edu
    * clements at ccs.neu.edu
    * cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
    * dherman at ccs.neu.edu
    * dougo at ccs.neu.edu
    * dsilva at ccs.neu.edu
    * frojas at ccs.neu.edu
    * grs at ccs.neu.edu
    * gwilliam at ccs.neu.edu
    * johan at ccs.neu.edu
    * jpalm at ccs.neu.edu
    * lieber at ccs.neu.edu
    * lorenz at ccs.neu.edu
    * matthias at ccs.neu.edu
    * meunier at ccs.neu.edu
    * owen at ccs.neu.edu
    * peterd at ccs.neu.edu
    * plt-local at ccs.neu.edu
    * pnkfelix at ccs.neu.edu
    * raymond at ccs.neu.edu
    * rcp at ccs.neu.edu
    * samth at ccs.neu.edu
    * skotthe at ccs.neu.edu
    * steck at ccs.neu.edu
    * vkoutav at ccs.neu.edu
    * wand at ccs.neu.edu
    * will at ccs.neu.edu

Who's missing?

My most likely theory: I know that some people unsubscribed some time
ago from pl-seminar because they were already on plt-local.  It could
be that the nepls announcements were held for moderation by plt-local,
and was never released by a moderator.  Therefore these people would
not have received the announcement.

I don't know who, if anyone, moderates plt-local.  I am not on
plt-local, so I can't help with that.

--Mitch