[PRL] Re: laptop stolen from Egan 222

Richard C. Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Nov 23 09:13:18 EST 2003

Lo, on Sunday, November 23, Jamie L. Raymond did write:

> If you remember anything that might help the police, please let me
> know. They're worried about a serial thief who may come back or try
> other offices in Egan. Last week someone in another Egan office
> reported crow-bar marks on their door.

Two things that may be relevant:

1) Theo & I were in Egan yesterday afternoon; since we were the only
   folks there, we kept both doors locked and firmly closed.  Greg got
   in a bit later to discover two men wandering through the lab
   inquiring after a non-existent person.  Greg could provide you more
   details there.

   (Greg & I left approximately together, locking the doors behind us;
   Theo was still there at that point.)

2) I've noticed a couple of times over the last few weeks that the
   *exterior* door to Egan doesn't close when locked.  This is the door
   on the end of the building closest to the library, just across from
   the door into Snell Engineering.  This definitely needs to be
   reported to maintenance.

Richard