[PRL] potential rescheduling of Continuations reading grp

Felix S Klock pnkfelix at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Sep 18 12:29:12 EDT 2003

Northeastern PRL students-

If you are not interested in the Continuations reading group at all,
please disregard this message.

Ken Shan and I have been discussing the timing of his Continuations
Reading Group.  It is currently scheduled from 1 to 2:30 at Harvard,
which cuts very close to the NEU PhD Seminar.

Some PL students have expressed interest in attending the reading
group, but said that given the timing, it is not possible this
semester.  Others have also expressed an interest, but said that this
semester would not work, *regardless* of timing (in other words,
they're just too hosed this semester)

Ken asked me how well Mondays would work for people, sometime between 1
and 4 PM.

So, I'm trying to get some numbers to give to Ken.  I'll be sending the
response sometime tonight (Sept 18th) so if you're reading this after
that day, don't bother sending any responses at all.

If you are not interested in the reading group at all, don't send any
response.

Please send responses to gatherinfok at pnkfx.org, not pnkfelix.

if you are interested but cannot attend this semester because you are
simply too busy, email "TOO BUSY" to gatherinfok at pnkfx.org.  (This is
so I can encourage Ken to run the workshop in the future).

If you are interested and have enough free time in general and the
current time works, email "THURSDAY WORKS"

if you are interested and have enough free time in general, but the
current time doesn't work, and Monday 1-4 *would* work, then send
"MONDAY WORKS" to gatherinfok at pnkfx.org

If you are interested, have enough time in general, but neither the
current time nor the proposed time works, send "NEITHER WORKS"

Here, some of you might have an easier time with this form of
instruction:
(if (interested-in-continuations-reading-group)
     (email-to "gatherinfok at pnkfx.org"
        (cond
           [(too-busy-this-semester) "TOO BUSY")]
           [(current-time-works)         "THURSDAY WORKS")]
           [(monday-1..4-works)        "MONDAY WORKS")]
           [else                                      "NEITHER
WORKS")])))

Once again, I'll be sending a response to Ken sometime tonight.

Thanks,
-Felix

p.s. if this sort of note is not appropriate for PRL, please let me
know.