[PRL] AI Koans

Johan Ovlinger johan at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Apr 30 14:03:00 EDT 2003

Galen Williamson (Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:48:30 EDT) proclaims:
> Does anyone know where systems stores its derelicts, so that we might
> power-cycle these Lisp machines?  I am in desperate need of
> enlightenment...

obvious quasi-deep retort:

I thought I was enlightened, but I found that my eyes had merely dark-adapted.

anyways:

I think the lisp machine story is a little bit more convoluted: northeastern's
storage facility is apparently like that one at the end of Raiders of the Lost
Ark... Records show that the machines exist, but I believe the location has
suffered bit-rot.  The OS tapes are probably the least of our worries. I'm
sure people at the AI lab accross the river would share theirs (I assume they
have some lying around).

It would actually make a really fun pl-seminar: reviving the lisp machine...
literally.

Johan