[linux-users] Linux machines after downtime

Jiangzhuo Chen chenj at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jul 5 11:30:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have been using the Linux machines by ssh from my laptop. After the
downtime, however, I cannot use the X applications. Specifically, after
login, I got:
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
after
chenj at kingpin:~$ xterm&
I got
chenj at kingpin:~$ X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Anyone knows what's going on and how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Best,
~ Jiangzhuo Chen    ~
~ chenj at ccs.neu.edu ~
~ (617) 373-8340    ~