[Larceny-users] sqlite3 FFI

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed May 21 18:14:29 EDT 2008

Pete wrote:
> I'm new to larceny and have chosen to use it for a project because it
> supports R6RS. How can I figure out what SRFIs are supported in R6RS mode
> (any?)

That's easy:  No SRFIs are supported in R6RS mode.
SRFI 97 proposes a way to organize SRFIs as libraries
that would be compatible with ERR5RS and R6RS, but
there is as yet no agreement on whether the name of
a library version of SRFI 6 (for example) should be
(srfi 6), (srfi vi), (srfi n6), or something else
altogether.  See http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-97/

While we're waiting for SRFI 97 to be approved, you
can load many Larceny-supported SRFIs into Larceny's
ERR5RS mode via this trick:

    % larceny -err5rs -- -e "(require 'srfi-6)"
    Larceny v0.961 "Fluoridation" (Dec 31 2007 17:21:19, precise:Linux:unified)
    larceny.heap, built on Mon Dec 31 17:21:43 EST 2007
    ERR5RS mode (no libraries have been imported)

    > (import (rnrs)
              (primitives open-input-string
                          open-output-string
                          get-output-string))

That's Larceny-specific, of course, and works only
in ERR5RS mode.

> and specifically is there an sqlite3 R6RS library?

Not that I've heard of.

> If an FFI is
> available and reasonably documented, I'd be willing to produce a sqlite3
> wrapping library for larceny.

That'd be great.  Larceny does indeed have an FFI,
which is somewhat documented but not well documented.
See http://larceny.ccs.neu.edu/doc/ and specifically
http://larceny.ccs.neu.edu/doc/user-manual.chunked/ar01s10.html#id2559833

Will