[Larceny-users] sqlite3 FFI

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Sat May 31 19:07:23 EDT 2008

Hello,

Ok, I'm basically done with my R6RS binding for sqlite3 except for all
of the testing code. I have a couple of questions though:

1. Does larceny have an CPAN-like (or egg-like, if you know about Chicken
Scheme) system for its R6RS libraries?  What is the usual mechanism for
me to share this library (and its various revisions as it gets improved)
with others?

2. While I have a usable chunk of the sqlite3 interface done, should I
bother making statement level or higher abstractions, or just let that
be made by the people using the library?

3. If I were to write a complete test suite for this library, would it
be in the library itself as an exported function that people could run
after they've got the library loaded? Or just some other program which
loads the library and tests it?

4. I've noticed foreign-function can't wrap a C function which has a void
parameter list. The docs don't say void is a valid parameter type and at
least the rl3 library's foreign-function procedure complains about it.

5. How do Snow packages, R6RS libraries, and larceny play together?

Thank you very much for all of your help!

-pete