[Cs5500] Document for undergrads

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Oct 17 10:23:19 EDT 2011

I agree with Madhu's feedback to Srinivas: good start but more is needed.

A very simple example that Madhu suggests is very good for the undergraduates:
ForAll (a,b) where a,b rational in [1..10] Exists c in [2,20]: a+b=c.

Srinivas' document does not talk about strengthen and agree. The info
on this slide
should be explained?

actors:
proposer=verifier (1. arg to propose, oppose, refute, usually Alice),
opposer=falsifier (2. arg to propose, oppose, refute, usually Bob)
LifeOfClaim(c) = propose(Alice,c) followed by
(oppose(Alice,Bob,c)|agree(Alice,Bob,c)).
oppose(Alice,Bob,c) =
(refute(Alice,Bob,c)|strengthen(Alice,Bob,c,cs)), where
stronger(c,cs).
strengthen(Alice,Bob,c,cs) = !refute(Bob,Alice,cs).
agree(Alice,Bob,c) = !refute(Alice,Bob,c) and !refute(Bob,Alice,c) and
refute(Alice,Bob,!c) and refute(Bob,Alice,!c)

-- Karl