[Cs5500] Document for undergrads

Madhuvanthi Balasubramanian balasubramanian.m at husky.neu.edu
Mon Oct 17 09:44:04 EDT 2011

Srinivas,

          That is a good start to the documentation.
          All our teams had some issues developing our first avatars.
          There were a bunch of common issues, all of us had - for example,
what is a valid instance, what is a valid solution, why are some of our
avatars being kicked out etc..
          So, would it be possible to take up an example and explain what
the claim could be, the instance and solution could be, and when they are
supposed to refute, strengthen and agree?
           Any small example would do, like , "For all a in [1,10], For all
B in [1,10], there exists a C such that A + B <= C. So our initial claim
could be 19 or 20. Given this, we can explain what possible instances and
instance sets are, and so on..
            Another important thing is to give them a heads up on common
reasons they might be kicked out and common exceptions they might encounter.
            What do you think?

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Srinivas N Jay <srinivasnjay at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Professor,
>
> With this mail, I attaching the document we have created to help undergrads
> run the tournaments easily. Please let us if something needs to be modified
> or added.
>
> Feedback from any team is also appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Srinivas
>
> --
> ***Race A Race Where You Are The Goal For Every Opponent! - *N Jay****