[Cs4800] Definition Clarification

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Apr 5 20:52:11 EDT 2010

Hi Ghadeer:

no. those definitions are wrong. The book index brings you to page 339 where
you have a definition
of flow which we covered this morning. It is a mapping of edges to positive
integers
that satisfies the capacity conditions and the conservation conditions.

By a flow path you probably mean an "augmenting path" You find this
definition on page 342.
An augmenting path is an s-t path in the residual graph.

Reread the definitions in the text book and check the examples.

Hope this helps,
-- Karl