[Cs4800] Fwd:

Karl Lieberherr lieber at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Feb 25 08:34:41 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: No Name <noname6589 at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM
To: lieber at ccs.neu.edu, dubreuil.a at neu.edu
Cc: jdibs87 at gmail.com, quintin at ccs.neu.edu, lawrence.ant at husky.neu.edu,
bento.n at husky.neu.edu, rahhal.g at husky.neu.edu, melia.j at husky.neu.edu,
farrell.ry at husky.neu.edu, farrell.rya at husky.neu.edu

Hello All. This is an email that I sent Karl and Alex to forward to the
class, however it seems that they refused to do so, so I am mailing it to
the people that I know in class. Circulate this to everybody that you know.
Hopefully Karl will discuss this, as well as some of the irrefutable points
in class. Forward this to everyone that you can! I will continue sending
this to as many people as I can as soon I find their names.

Regards

~No Name

Hello Professor

I would like to bring a few things to your attention.

First, I don't think that you understand the fact that time is limited.
i.e. *there was not enough time to answer all the questions that you gave. *

The questions that you gave take a significant amount of time to solve; just
like the homework problems. Their complexity is no different than the
homework problems; less problem one. The homework problems take a lot of
time to solve, way more than 1 lecture period and over a span of 1 week. So
in essence, this midterm will take more than 65 Minutes.

Moreover, 45% of the exam was on lecture material that you covered in 1/2 a
lecture. Do you honestly think this is fair?. I will be generous and say
that you explained the material in 3 lectures, which is *absolutely false*,
but even with this claim, do you honestly think 3 lectures is equivalent to
45% of the exam?

Do you also realize that CNF is no where to be found in the book OR the
homework?

*What you did*
Bob takes a class in US History
Karl mentions in one lecture that the United States went to war with Iraq in
the early 90's
Karl gives Bob and exam asking about intricate details about the Iraqi war
Bob Fails

Fair isn't it?

Can you compare questions 2 or 4 to any problems in the book? The answer is
clearly no. And I *challenge *you to dispute this claim.

No amount of studying could have prepared anyone for this exam. I do feel
sorry for anybody that studied hard for this exam because their time was
useless.

I hope this email incites others to send emails as well.

Regards

No Name