[scponly] scponly failed

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:07:49 EDT 2008

When I expect that's the problem, I usually recommend the following:

ldconfig -r /path/to/chroot -v

Some versions of ldconfig don't support the -r option, so then the
following is an alternative:

cp `which ldd` /path/to/chroot
cp /bin/sh /path/to/chroot
chroot /path/to/chroot -s /bin/sh
ldd /path/to/program

By default, however, I think we would be better off just recommending
that everybody use jailkit or one of the other programs that's known
to work well creating chroots.

I have a python script that I use on Linux.  It will NOT work on all
Unix boxes because of the differences in ldd output.  However, it
should be pretty simple to change the regex's to support something
else.  I will attach this script, but note that it is NOT intended to
be complete or work on all platforms.  I had simple needs, and it met
those needs.

The main reason I use the attached script is to update my libraries
after I do program updates.  I simply re-run the script and then I'm
guaranteed that I have the latest version of all the dependencies.

I hope that helps.

--Kaleb