[scponly] how do I use rsync with scponly ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Tue Mar 21 12:46:34 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Kaleb Pederson wrote:

> Ughh... just taking a better look.  That's not going to work without some
> other changes.  The function declarations are different:
>
> int getopt(int argc, char * const argv[],
>              const char *optstring);
>
> int getopt_long_only(int argc, char * const argv[],
>              const char *optstring,
>              const struct option *longopts, int *longindex);
>
> I can't fix it right now, so hopefully someone can get to it before I can.

I totally understand.  Thank you so much for your help thus far.

I take it simply globally replacing getopt with getopt_long will also not
do it :)

If anyone else out there can help with a patch or workaround for this
... I'm getting flooded with complaints about the examples I wrote not
working properly against the new system.  Again, shame on me for not
testing rsync quickly before publishing the availability of the new
server...