[scponly] how do I use rsync with scponly ?

Kaleb Pederson kpederson at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Mar 21 12:08:52 EST 2006

Per 'man 3 getopt':

The  getopt_long()  function  works like getopt() except that it also accepts
long options, started out by two dashes.  (If the program accepts only long
options, then optstring should be specified as an empty string (""), not
NULL.)  Long option names may be abbreviated if the abbreviation is unique or
is an exact match for some defined option.  A long option may take a
parameter, of the form --arg=param or --arg param.

And... the call in scponly is:

while ((ch = getopt(ac, av, cmdarg->opts)) != -1) {...}

You can probably change getopt to getopt_long and it should work for you.

In terms of an official patch, I think we also need to change the function
testing in configure.in to include getopt_long.  I'm not sure how to handle
it if getopt_long doesn't exist on certain systems.  Perhaps only use
getopt_long until we run into a case where a system doesn't have it.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks.

--Kaleb