[scponly] how do I use rsync with scponly ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Tue Mar 21 11:39:46 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Kaleb Pederson wrote:

> This is actually a bug in the getopt processing.  I'm not sure if it's related
> to the way it's being setup or if it is happening at the library level.
>
> --server is being picked up as -s -e rver (hence the 'arg was rver' in the
> log).
>
> I'm not sure about an immediate fix.  I'll try to find out more.

Understood.  This is bad news - I have been building up to this
functionality with my user population, and sent out instructions on doing
this, etc., and it turns out it doesn't function at all.

Thank you so much for your help, and shame on me for not testing to see
that rsync actually worked in 4.6.  Could this possible be a simple patch
to 4.6 to fix ?

Also, does this mean that all server apps (not just rsync) that invoke
themselves with an argument that contains an 'e' are broken ?