[scponly] scp blues

Daniel Webb public at danielwebb.us
Thu Mar 16 17:09:43 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 01:50:00PM -0700, Paul Hyder wrote:

> Actually rather interesting.  This means that the command is a valid_arg_vector
> but that the execve is failing.  [You shouldn't get to the execve with an
> invalid command.]
>
> Configure options used?

./configure \
    --enable-winscp-compat \
    --enable-sftp-logging-compat \
    --enable-unison-compat \
    --enable-scp-compat \
    --enable-rsync-compat \
    --enable-chrooted-binary \
    --enable-quota-compat

> What is the calling client and what is an example "command that's not allowed".

WinSCP, but I seem to recall I've seen it with scp also.

quota is an example.  I'm doing testing on a new system I'm setting up, I'll
report more if there's anything interesting.

P.S. I realize as of yesterday that quota won't work with chroot, which is why
I'd be very excited if there was a general way to allow things back from real
root, assuming it's very secure!