[scponly] gftp compat does not require gftp on the server ?

Hideyuki KURASHINA rushani at bl.mmtr.or.jp
Wed Dec 28 22:06:22 EST 2005

Hi,

>>> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:08:45 -0500 (EST), user <user at dhp.com> said:

> scponly configure complains if you --enable-rsync and rsync isn't actually
> installed.  Same with unison.
>
> However, if I --enable-gftp-compat, but I _have not_ actually installed
> gftp on that server, it does not complain at all.
>
> Why is this ?

gFTP provides SSH2 access (i.e., sftp), but it seems that gFTP has
incompatible with sftp server prior to its version 2.1.18.  I think
following link in its README may serve for you.

  4.2. I'm having problems getting SSH2 transfers to work. I keep getting
  the error: Error: Message size XXXXXXXX too big from server
    http://gftp.seul.org/readme.html#AEN150

> Should I install gftp anyway ?

You don't need to install gFTP on the server because it's client side
issue.

> (sftp doesnt need to be enabled because it is by default, right ?)

Yes.

-- rushani