[scponly] when do I, and when do I not, use the "/./" syntax ?

Moti Levy moti at flncs.com
Tue Dec 20 16:06:26 EST 2005

/./ is used to change the default directory the user logs into at login
time .

for example , if you chrooted your users then they probably only have
one writable directory , say its called /incoming .

without /./ if they login they will be under /home/user
with /./incoming the will be logged in under /home/user/incoming

Moti