[scponly] Technology experts needed

Trent Policky policky.t at neu.edu
Thu Dec 15 05:06:13 EST 2005

First, to all those receiving this message, the intent of this message
is to request the assistance of fellow Northeastern students, rather
than to breach any policies or upset any personal viewpoints of a
broadcast message such as this. However, we do require the assistance
of tech savvy individuals, such as the subscribers of the NU-CS mailing
lists, and we consider this approach the simplest and quickest way to
get our message out to the most people.

Subject: Technology experts needed.

Unique opportunity to assist in start-up venture.

Who we are: We are three current MBA students at Northeastern
University, starting a business that will deliver network-based
technologies to the consumer market. As our business planning and
supplementary administrative efforts are becoming solidified, we are at
the stage of moving into new product/service development and expect to
move rapidly into test marketing as soon as we have the prototypical
product/services to do so.

What we need: To create our business’s core technology, we need the
assistance of some technical gurus who are motivated, able to think
outside the box, work independently, and have a background in network
administration or software development, or both.

What we have to offer you: Being part of this experience will provide
those individuals selected the opportunity to:

- Participate in pioneering new products and services for consumer use
- Chart your career course. Whether you decide to stay with us or
move-on, once out of academia, you will have developed practical,
applied skills you can include in your career accomplishments. Just ask
yourself, what looks better on a resume? Built new business core
technologies - or - Worked in the library troubleshooting printer
failures and refilling the paper tray when necessary
- Actively participate and make recommendations based on your knowledge
and substantiated findings, as well as have the opportunity to
implement your recommended strategies
- Enjoy taking part in the development of the core product/service
first hand

How do you get paid: Well, you don’t - At this time, we only have the
above mentioned opportunity and corresponding intangible benefits to
offer. However, as the business grows, we are prepared to offer those
who contribute time and quality work an equity-stake in the company.
Finally, rest assured, we get paid when you get paid - we want all
those willing to facilitate in these efforts to succeed.

Interested? Great, please reply to this email ONLY after December 26,
2005. We will then contact and provide you more information on the
subsequent steps in the process. We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Trent, Brian, and Mike