[scponly] scponly using Fugu (mac) permission problems

Ralf Durkee rd at rd1.net
Thu Oct 21 07:40:24 EDT 2004

At 01:01 PM 10/20/2004 -0400, Louis wrote:
>OK -- after going thru the archives I've found what I think I needed:
>
>"Try the sftp logging patch on source forge
>http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net/
>It contains a patch for setting the umask as well."
>
>Thanks.  Anyone successfully using the above?  Is that a patch to SSH
>itself?  Any specific binaries involved (sftp-server only -- so I don't
>need to totally re-compile all the binaries and break my package)?

Not currently using the patch, but as I remember it patches only the
sftp-server binary.

>I thought scponly connects directly into sshd rather then sftp-server? Is
>the above patch something that will only work for scponly clients that
>connect using 'sftp' ?

Yes exactly. It would affect only sftp connections. I would recommend using
only sftp, rather than providing the shell commands scp requires. There was
an article I wrote in the May 2004 Sys Admin Magazine that may be helpful
if you have a copy. http://www.sysadminmag.com/articles/2004/0405/

>Louis

-- Ralf Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH
Principal Consultant