[scponly] No prompt on login

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Thu Jan 22 15:06:24 EST 2004

> > mkdir /home/scponly/usr/lib
> > ln -s /bin/sftp-server /home/scponly/usr/lib/
> Hmmm you are trying to make a symlink in the chroot jail that
> points to a file *outside* the jail? Remember, when the daemon
> chroot's, he can never access the outside filesystem again
> (typically), so he can't resolve /bin/sftp-server.

It's just a symbolic link.  scpjailer installs the sftp-server binary
to /bin/ in the chroot, so the above linking is valid.  Note that
no manual linking should be required with the 0.2 version of scpjailer.

> You really have to copy the file there. But there could be
> problems that I described in my previous mail (libc etc)

All three binary executables that are disributed with scpjailer
(busybox, scp, and sftp-server) are statically compiled so no shared
object files are necessary.

-Tony