[scponly] No prompt on login

Thomas Wana thomas at wana.at
Thu Jan 22 21:25:41 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 11:23, Mike Jones wrote:

> I have now downloaded scpjailer and used the --useradd command on it.
My
> main aim was to get this working with SFTP and using (I think) the tip
> you gave:
> mkdir /home/scponly/usr/lib
> ln -s /bin/sftp-server /home/scponly/usr/lib/

Hmmm you are trying to make a symlink in the chroot jail that
points to a file *outside* the jail? Remember, when the daemon
chroot's, he can never access the outside filesystem again
(typically), so he can't resolve /bin/sftp-server.

You really have to copy the file there. But there could be
problems that I described in my previous mail (libc etc)

Tom