[scponly] Re: Winscp and scponlyc

Amaya Rodrigo Sastre arodrigo at genasys.com
Tue Jan 13 10:13:36 EST 2004

Lasse J. Kolb dijo:
> So I guess .. the problem is more the chroot-part, than the
> sftp-protocol.

The debian package has a setup file for chroot enviroments:
arodrigo at onix>cp /usr/share/doc/scponly/setup_chroot.sh.gz .
arodrigo at onix>gunzip setup_chroot.sh.gz
arodrigo at onix>chmod +x setup_chroot.sh
arodrigo at onix>sudo setup_chroot.sh

 Next we need to set the home directory for this scponly user.
 please note that the user's home directory MUST NOT be writable
 by the scponly user. this is important so that the scponly user
 cannot subvert the .ssh configuration parameters.

 for this reason, an "incoming" subdirectory will be created that
 the scponly user can write into. if you want the scponly user to
 automatically change to this incoming subdirectory upon login, you
 can specify this when you specify the user's home directory as
 follows:

 set the home dir to /chroot_path//incoming

 when scponly chroots, it will only chroot to chroot_path and
 afterwards, it will chdir to incoming.
 enter the home directory you wish to set for this user:

etc...

Have you done that?

--
 "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." -- The Wizard Of Oz

     Amaya M. Rodrigo Sastre              Genasys II Spain, S.A.U.
     Mobile Location Systems IT SysAdmin    Ventura de la Vega, 5.
     Phone: +34913649100 Fax: +34913649119    28014 Madrid. Spain.