[scponly] Winscp and scponlyc

Daniel Gapinski dangapinski at qsi-r2.com
Mon Jan 12 11:01:04 EST 2004

Dear Lasse,

Check your WinSCP log (you can create one in WinSCP) to make sure that
it has connected. My guess is that it has, and then attempts to pull up
the directory on the SSH server, and realizes it has no UNIX permissions
to do so. Check your permissions on the directory you are Chroot-ing
into, and make sure that your user does indeed have access to that
directory.

The other thing to check with WinSCP is that you uncheck "lookup user
groups", and make sure that the "remote directory" setting points to the
appropriate homedir (i.e., if the real UNIX path to your user is
/home/chroot/home/user, then your setting for this should look like
/home/user)

Hope that helps!
Dan