[scponly] WinSCP: this is end-of-file:0

a person a at newchem.ru
Wed Dec 29 09:45:40 EST 2004

wo> This is for compatibility with WinSCP.  Its not a problem if you desire WinSCP scp compatibility.

While exploiting the WinSCP I connects to my server succesfully.
A chroot functionality works fine. I can create folders. But if I'm
trying to upload files I'm getting a message:
"Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is
installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may
also try SFTP instead of SCP.
Command failed with return code 1."

So which path should I define - /usr/local/bin or
/home/scponly/usr/local/bin?

The server don't lets me to connect using the sftp.
The WinSCP says:
"Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?
Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit
status 1."

At that time I'm connecting siccessfuly by the ssh.com secure file
transfer client.

What am I doing wrong?

wo> if you do not, you can disable it in the ./configure step.  see ./configure --help for more precise information
wo> about what the options are.

wo> hope this helps,
wo> joe

wo> a person wrote this message on Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 12:49 +0300:
>> Hello scponly,
>>
>>   The above message I gets any time while connecting to the ssh server
>>   by user with the /usr/local/sbin/scponlyc as the user's shell.
>>   When I set just the scponly shell - it works fine but without a chroot
>>   functionality.

Thanks in advance, Illia Baidakov.