[Isu570-f08-rpf] Topics for the questions on the Oct 7th quiz

Bob Futrelle bob.futrelle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 04:07:08 EDT 2008

The following topics will be the ones focused on in the quiz on
Tuesday, Oct 7th.

Chap 1: Focus on the Design Principles Sec. 1.6.3

   Prepare for the quiz by thinking how they apply to a system or
systems you're familiar with.

Chap. 2:  Understand how metaphors are involved in conceptual models,
Sec. 2.3.3.

   Discuss the pluses and minuses of metaphors in an example I will give you.

Chap. 3: Discuss how learning and memory can improve users skills in
using a system in an example I'll give you.

   Discuss both the strengths and limitations of human learning and
memory in developing a user's skills in using an interactive system.

          -  Professor Futrelle