[csu540-f05-rpf] Programming assignment PA3 - Transform the solar system

Robert Futrelle futrelle at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Oct 9 21:53:54 EDT 2005

I'll get the assignment and readings updated soon, but in the
meantime, you should know, roughly, the following:

1. Programming Assignment #3, PA3, will be to build and use linear
transform functionality and apply it to your solar system.  You'll
need to be able to rotate and translate and scale and combine all of
them into single transforms, and then view the result just as you
have already in PA2.  The planets will further rotated around the sun
and for extras, moons can be rotated around planets.  So you can
start now building some linear xforms. From

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/futrelle/teaching/csu540f2005/examps/index.html

follow the link to he source code for the four "geometry" classes at

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/futrelle/teaching/csu540f2005/examps/examps/geom/

Some of them are done, others need to be fleshed out by you.

The full details of PA3 will be specified and posted this week

2. Readings.  At a minimum, Secs. 3.3, 3.6, 9.1, 9.2.  I will be
putting together an additional lecture and reading sequence beyond
these. Stay tuned.

According to a friend, there is person at NASA whose official title
is "Master of the Universe" (there's a Deputy Master too).  That's
the person we need to get our solar system moved around.  I have not
been able to confirm the existence of such a person at NASA.

  - Prof. Futrelle