[csu540-f05-rpf] Error compiling java files

Simon Schanche sschanche at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:27:23 EDT 2005

Hi Wing/Prof Futrelle/Class,
 I'm having the same trouble as you Wing, i tried the unset $CLASSPATH and
it does not work, anyone have any other ideas?
 It doesn't seem as if the files still compile fine as i get the following
when i try to run SimplestDraw:
 Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException:
No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation
which requires it.
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:159)
at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:310)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:419)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:384)
at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:150)
at SimplestDraw.setup(SimplestDraw.java:36)
at SimplestDraw.main(SimplestDraw.java:30)

....unless i made an error somewhere which is entirely possible.
 Any help would be great
 Thanks,
Simon