[csu540-f05-rpf] Error compiling java files

Robert Futrelle futrelle at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Sep 12 18:45:38 EDT 2005

You should be able to simply do

unset $CLASSPATH

(depending on your shell)

since you don't need any of those oracle paths now.
But be sure to make a note of your current ones in case you need
them in the future.

Look at pages such as

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/329/lectures/node29.html

for a guide to setting your various system variables.

Some people in the class may have better suggestions.
Suggest away!

Note that the default Java on Solaris is now 1.5.
Should still compile everything fine.

Some people don't use CLASSPATH, since it may change
from one project to another.  They specify it on the
command line. (Can use various aliases - I've done
that sometimes.)

  - RPF