[scponly] scponly for root user

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:57:35 EDT 2011

I agree with Joe as well. It's possible it will work but it generally
goes against standard security practices.

Also, regardless of whether it works or not, scponly currently does
not allow root logins. See line 303:

http://scponly.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scponly/scponly/scponly.c?revision=1.50&view=markup

I'm curious what using scponly as a shell for root supposed to gain?

BTW, it is possible to have a second "root" user with a different name
and uid=0, but the uid check performed above will work regardless of
the username.

--Kaleb