[scponly] Troubles with scponly-4.8

Gary Autiello gautiello at dominiondiagnostics.com
Thu Oct 28 14:17:11 EDT 2010

Hi Kaleb,

Ok I was able to do items 1, 2, and 3 except for the temp shell as I'm not
sure how to get /bin/sash or /bin/dash setup.

When I ran the ldconfig command I got the following:

[root at garytest139 usr]# ldconfig -r /apps/home/garytest -v
ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/lib: No such file or directory
/lib:
        ld-linux.so.2 -> ld-linux.so.2
        libnss_compat.so.2 -> libnss_compat.so.2
/lib64:
        libresolv.so.2 -> libresolv.so.2
        libdl.so.2 -> libdl.so.2
        libsepol.so.1 -> libsepol.so.1
        libselinux.so.1 -> libselinux.so.1
        libcrypt.so.1 -> libcrypt.so.1
        libcom_err.so.2 -> libcom_err.so.2
        libpthread.so.0 -> libpthread.so.0
        libcrypto.so.6 -> libcrypto.so.6
        libc.so.6 -> libc.so.6
        libutil.so.1 -> libutil.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 -> libnsl.so.1
        libkeyutils.so.1 -> libkeyutils.so.1
/usr/lib64:
        libgssapi_krb5.so.2 -> libgssapi_krb5.so.2
        libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1
        libplds4.so -> libplds4.so
        libnspr4.so -> libnspr4.so
        libkrb5.so.3 -> libkrb5.so.3
        libplc4.so -> libplc4.so
        libnssutil3.so -> libnssutil3.so
        libk5crypto.so.3 -> libk5crypto.so.3
        libkrb5support.so.0 -> libkrb5support.so.0
        libnss3.so -> libnss3.so

I'm assuming the fact that /usr/lib was not found, is a problem.  So, I
logged onto our old server and ran the same command for a comparison:

[root at taurus home]# ldconfig -r /apps/home/13079/ -v
/lib:
        libcrypt.so.1 -> libcrypt.so.1
        libnss_compat.so.1 -> libnss_compat.so.1
        libutil.so.1 -> libutil.so.1
        libresolv.so.2 -> libresolv.so.2
        libattr.so.1 -> libattr.so.1
        ld-linux.so.2 -> ld-linux.so.2
        libcrypto.so.4 -> libcrypto.so.4
        libnss_compat.so.2 -> libnss_compat.so.2
        libselinux.so.1 -> libselinux.so.1
        libcom_err.so.2 -> libcom_err.so.2
        libnsl.so.1 -> libnsl.so.1
        libacl.so.1 -> libacl.so.1
        libdl.so.2 -> libdl.so.2
/usr/lib:
        libgssapi_krb5.so.2 -> libgssapi_krb5.so.2
        libz.so.1 -> libz.so.1
        libkrb5.so.3 -> libkrb5.so.3
        libk5crypto.so.3 -> libk5crypto.so.3
/lib/tls: (hwcap: 0x8000000000000000)
        libc.so.6 -> libc.so.6
        libpthread.so.0 -> libpthread.so.0
        librt.so.1 -> librt.so.1

They are definitely WAY different as you can see.

For the strace, I have attached the output of what I received.  There are
three files that it produced:  sftp.log.1777 should contain the PID for the
[priv] connection from the client side.

(See attached file: sftp.log.1816)(See attached file: sftp.log.1777)(See
attached file: sftp.log.1815)
Gary Autiello, Network +, MCITP
Network Administrator
Dominion Diagnostics, LLC