[scponly] Troubles with scponly-4.8

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:57:59 EDT 2010

Here's a few things to try in order of increasing complexity:

1) Set the debuglevel to 1
2) run ldconfig -r /path/to/chroot -v and verify that no missing libraries are found

[Optionally -- if you have a shell with no dependencies you can install temporarily]:
2.a) copy /bin/sash or /bin/dash (a shell with no dependencies) into the chroot, then chroot using 'chroot /path/to/chroot /bin/sash' and then run /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server manually and see if it runs. Don't forget to remove the shell when you're done.

3) Strace the program as illustrated here: http://sublimation.org/scponly/wiki/index.php/FAQ#I_still_can.27t_find_my_problem.2C_what_else_can_I_try.3F

#3 should provide plenty of information that will allow us to figure out what's going, but it's a slightly cumbersome process.

--
Kaleb Pederson

Blog - http://kalebpederson.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/kalebpederson