[scponly] RHEL5 x86_64 scponly problem

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:46:02 EDT 2010

On Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:35:27 am Gary Autiello wrote:
> When we set the debuggin level to 2, we saw no errors at all. I read in
> the archives that debug level could break scponly so I put back to 0.

A debug level of two will break most apps and things, although you should see information logged on stdout through the client and on the server.  If you want more than basic information I recommend a debug level of 1 which should not cause any problems.

> I also read somewhere that I needed to create a dev/null instance in the
> chrooted environment for the user, but that did not help as well.

Yes, you do need that. That's a simple enough change I should probably look at updating the jail script to at least handle that case.

> I've been researching for the past two days and haven't been able to get
> this working.  If anyone could please help, I'd greatly appreciate.  We
> want to migrate to this new server asap.

Thank you for taking the time to research -- it's obvious you did at some homework.  Sorry it's taken so long to get it up and running.

--
Kaleb Pederson

Blog - http://kalebpederson.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/kalebpederson