[scponly] Troubles with scponly-4.8

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:39:41 EDT 2010

Gary,

I'm CCing the list now that you're subscribed.

The following is the culprit (or at least part of the problem):

> Oct 28 17:15:09 garytest139 scponly[32425]:
> failed: /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -l INFO -f LOCAL6 with error No
> such file or directory(2) (username: garytest(813), IP/port: 192.168.1.43
> 49384 22)

It looks as if the sftp-server wasn't copied into the chroot.  The chroot-building script isn't very powerful and has some problems. I'd actually recommend Jailkit (http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/) for building the chroot.

If not using Jailkit, once the basic chroot is setup and functional, there's a python script that I wrote that should be in the archives somewhere that you can use to add or update supporting libraries for whatever programs you want to copy into the chroot.

Once you've copied over the sftp-server, please let me know if you run into any problems.

--Kaleb