[scponly] New scponly Snapshot Release

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 01:56:14 EST 2010

I've just released a snapshot that I could use some help testing.  If you are in a position that enables you to test, I'd appreciate any feedback you may have, good or bad.

The snapshot is available on SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scponly/files/scponly-snapshots/scponly-20101119.tgz/download

MD5: fbf5ea6c26ced40efa05949366f7899f
SHA1: 51f6186e1987ec1b6dfe0ae96540f3306c931c66

Here's the changelog:

        When getopt_long is not available, like on AIX, use bundled NetBSD getopt_long.
        Update the SECURITY document to include a reference to /etc/popt and ~/.popt as
                they relate to rsync.
        Fix for rsync-3.0 which now uses a short -e option, with an optional argument as
                a server side option indicating protocol compatibility.
        Fix scponly crash on Solaris
        Fix detection and inclusion of getopt on certain platforms
        Document risks associated with popt reading /etc/popt and ~/.popt
        Document getopt requirement (when certain configure options are enabled)

I'm planning on a couple non-code changes before the final release but I'm not aware of any other issues, so if anybody is aware of any issues, please report them now.

Thank you for your help and support.

--
Kaleb Pederson

Blog - http://kalebpederson.com