[scponly] Scponly 4.8 on Debian 4.0 64bit

Valkuma valkuma at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:17:43 EDT 2010

Am 17.03.2010 19:20, schrieb Johan Heikkilä:
> 2010/3/17 Valkuma <valkuma at googlemail.com>:
>
>> Hmm ok,
>>
>> first when i set debuglevel to 1 nothing is logged to /var/log/syslog
>>
>> Then i found out that if you set debuglevel from 2 to 1 SFTP works great
>> I think that the SFTP Client or SFTP server closed the connection when
>> it get the debug log in stdout.
>>

>> But why is nothing logged to syslog ??
>>
> Hi,
>
> did you set loglevel for sftp in sshd_config?
>
> This is my settings for sftp:
>
> Subsystem       sftp    /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -l INFO
>
> BR,
> Johan

No, i set settings in [/usr/local]/etc/scponly/debuglevel. Thats the
path that scponly/scponlyc uses for debugging. And I think that the
sftp-server closed connection because of debugging output of scponlyc to
stdout.
Now it works and i think that should be postet in Wiki because there is
written debuglevel 2 :)