[scponly] How can i install SCPONLY 4.8 on 64-Bit System?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:53:49 EST 2008

Newsletter wrote:
> sorry, i dont understand you. What do you mean "That script is only a
> demo"?
>
> I want to create some of sftp-users with "./setup_chroot.sh".
>
> In the version 3.6 i donÂŽt have any problems. I can create users with
> sftp access (only for the users jail).
Look at the jail manually rather than just running the script. That
script in version 4.8 of scponly does not have that library in the
script, which means that it couldn't possibly set up an sftp jail
properly and is similar to the type of error you are getting.

I in fact never used that script but wrote my own, and now I look at
that script I see that it wouldn't have worked for me if I had tried it.

Basically, don't just run a script someone else has written without
understanding it. That script will not set up an sftp jail if it does
not mention sftp-server.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon